Donald Trump Feels Twitter With Elon Musk Is in ‘Sane Hands’, Says He Prefers Being on Truth Social


Former US President Donald Trump on Friday said he was happy Twitter was in “sane hands” after Elon Musk formally took over, but did not say whether he would return to his account on the platform that banned him.

Trump said he thought his own Truth Social media platform “looks and works better.” “I LOVE TRUTH,” Trump wrote in a post on his platform. Trump was banned from Twitter after the deadly January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol. Musk has said he would reinstate Trump’s account, but Trump previously said he would not return.

Donald Trump on Friday said he plans to make use of his own Truth Social media platform despite Twitter’s takeover by billionaire Elon Musk, who has promised to reinstate the former US president’s Twitter account.

“I like Elon, but I’m staying on Truth,” Trump told Fox News in an interview without explicitly saying he would not post on Twitter if his account is reinstated.

When he posts on his own platform, “it goes all over the place anyway,” Trump told Fox. “Everyone who is on Twitter and on all the other places, they all put it out anyway.”

Musk, a self-described free speech absolutist, took over Twitter with brutal efficiency on Thursday, firing top executives but offering little clarity over how he will achieve his ambitions goals for the influential social media platform.

Mere hours after Musk kicked off a new era at Twitter, he was deluged with pleas and demands from banned account holders and world leaders.

Others whose Twitter accounts were suspended have had or could have them reinstated soon.

However, Musk, in his latest tweet, has confirmed that he will be forming a content moderation council at Twitter with widely diverse viewpoints.

 

Before the council convenes, the social media platform will see no major content decisions or account reinstatements.

© Thomson Reuters 2022

 


Affiliate links may be automatically generated – see our ethics statement for details.





Source link

Related articles

DNO divests Côte d’Ivoire enterprise to Panoro Vitality in $86.5 million deal

(WO) — DNO ASA has agreed to promote its Côte d’Ivoire oil and gasoline enterprise to Panoro Vitality ASA for $86.5 million because the Norwegian operator concentrates its portfolio round its expanded North...

The RTX 5090 Is No Longer Quick Sufficient

I've some very unhappy information. Nvidia's GeForce RTX 5090 is now not quick sufficient for the last word gaming expertise. This can be a actually devastating day for PC gaming. What...

FX possibility expiries for 20 August 10am New York minimize

There's arguably only one to pay attention to on the day, as highlighted in daring under.That being for EUR/USD on the 1.1650 degree. The expiries do not tie to any technical significance, so...

In January 1962, Decca Information rejected The Beatles after a one-hour audition, telling their supervisor that guitar teams have been on the best way...

New 12 months’s Day, 1962. 4 younger musicians from Liverpool arrange their gear in a London studio. That they had pushed ten hours by a snowstorm to get there. Their van driver obtained...

Japan simply launched a U.S. army payload into orbit, giving Washington one other set of eyes over the Indo-Pacific

Japan has now launched the second U.S. surveillance payload beneath this systemThe payload will feed near-real-time orbital knowledge to U.S. forcesMission Delta 2 will function the American payload after deploymentThe US House Power...
spot_img

Latest articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com