Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out updates to the entire series, but this may vary per variant and carrier.
All the three Galaxy S21 series phones launched with Android 11 and Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin on top. Samsung will offer three major Android OS updates to the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra. The company also guarantees four years of security updates for all devices.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra get Android 13? December 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra update
April 4, 2022: Samsung is now sending the April 2022 Android security patch to Galaxy S21 devices (per SamMobile). As usual, Samsung is pushing this update out earlier than anyone — even Google itself.
The update is appearing in Germany only at the moment, but it should make its way to other countries over the coming days and weeks. So far, it doesn’t appear to have much else other than the security patch, but it likely also includes bug fixes and other optimizations.
To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > Software update and tap on Download and install.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S21 series updates
- March 16, 2022: Samsung has quietly pushed the One UI 4.1 update to Galaxy S21 series phones in Canada, according to Tizen Help and Samsung Canada Community members.
- February 16, 2022: The Korean brand has reportedly pushed out the February 2022 security update to the Galaxy S21 series. SamMobile reports that the update (firmware version G99xBXXS4BVA8) has hit Egypt and Nigeria for now, but that more countries are expected to get it in the coming days.
- January 6, 2022: Samsung pushed out the January 2022 security update to its current range-topping series. Per SamMobile, the update brought firmware version G99xBXXU4BULF and a few stability improvements.
- December 8, 2021: Samsung rolled out a third One UI 4 update with firmware G99xBXXS3BUL1. The package included the December 2021 security patch, according to SamMobile.
- November 23, 2021: This month, Samsung started the rollout of One UI 4 based on Android 12 to the Galaxy S21 series. However, the update, unfortunately, had a very annoying habit of dropping the display refresh rate to 60Hz the second you took your finger off the display. Now, per XDA-Developers, Samsung has both acknowledged the problem and released a slightly tweaked update that addresses the issue. Other than this fix, though, there doesn’t appear to be much else to the update.
- October 25, 2021: Samsung is rolling out the November 2021 security update to its flagship devices well ahead of the new month. Per SamMobile, firmware version G99xBXXS3AUJ7 is landing on users’ devices in Germany. According to a screenshotted changelog, there’s not much to look forward to, though, bar the usual security and stability improvements.
- October 14, 2021: The October 2021 patch landed in the US with firmware versions G99xUSQS4AUIN and G99xU1UES4AUIN.
What Samsung Galaxy S21 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!
If you’re looking for another update, be sure to visit our Android 12 update tracker.